The inability of a person to deal with their own financial affairs or the administration of the estate of a deceased person can give rise to conflict and dispute amongst family members and others. We strive to advocate on our client’s behalf in a cost effective manner. We pursue all avenues of dispute resolution including negotiation, working collaboratively with other parties, mediation, and, when and if necessary Court proceedings.
Our experienced counsel provide guidance and advice respecting all matters of estate disputes , including matters involving:
- Attorneys acting pursuant to a power of attorney
- Trustees administering property on behalf of others
- The validity of wills
- Contentious issues in the administration of estates
- Disputes over entitlements to joint bank accounts
- Claims on behalf of spouses, common law partners and dependent children for a greater share of the estate