Brian’s practice emphasis is in Aboriginal law; corporate and commercial law; and general real estate law, including financings; the purchase, sale, lease or mortgaging of land (on and off Reserve); joint ventures; limited partnership contracts; and land development.
His extensive expertise and experience working with First Nations in areas of financings, corporate and commercial law; real property; gaming and liaising with all levels of government has made Brian an authority on Aboriginal law in Alberta. Brian’s practice is currently over 85% devoted to Aboriginal law.
- Served as counsel for eight First Nations in Alberta, addressing corporate, social and political issues
- Actively involved in First Nations’ gaming and negotiations with the Province of Alberta since the inception of First Nations’ gaming in Alberta;
- Acted on projects, financings or for industry or lenders relating to thirty First Nations in Canada
- Instructed the real estate portion of the Alberta Law Society Bar Admission Course
- Served as counsel for acquisitions and mergers for a publicly traded corporation
- Served as counsel for Canada’s largest aboriginal public subsidized residential landlord